ARG Presentation

I'm putting together a presentation on ARGs for my Futures & Sustainability class and true to form, teaching a subject helps you understand the concepts involved. Within the last week or two I've added Jane McGonigal's dissertation and Rules of Play to my winter break reading list which will keep me busy.

I think part of the reason why I'm so interested in ARGs is because of the psychological factors involved. If I wasn't here in MCAD studying marketing I would be somewhere studying psychology. The idea of using these games to develope such a deep emotional bond to either a product or an idea (SuperStruct) that you take into your real life is fascinating to me. Once ARGs get more mainstreme these can be more affective than any other previous marketing campaigns for either products or ideas. Tieing positive feelings and developing such deep emotional bonds between people and products will be more affective than any banner ad or Super Bowl commercial ever would.

I'm looking forward to see how I feel and what I know about ARGs after this is all said and done.

No comments: